Leading Through the Pandemic: Leadership Lessons from the United States’ COVID-19 Response 04.16.2021
April 16, 2021
Leadership matters. Leaders are judged by how they deal with their biggest challenges. The COVID-19 pandemic proved to be one of the biggest leadership challenges anyone has ever faced. From small businesses to heads of state, throughout the past year we have seen leaders rise to the challenges of this unprecedented times, while other have fallen remarkably short, at times with devastating consequences.
In this webinar, leadership advisor and professor Helio Fred Garcia will examine how one leader – the former president of United States – bungled the pandemic response and made COVID-19 the worst handled crisis in American history. And by studying genuinely big crises, we can more clearly see patterns that can guide us when we face smaller crises.
Garcia will highlight the leadership lessons we can learn from 2020’s pandemic response – in the US and in other countries – that can guide us as we slowly move into a post-COVID-19 world, and that we can apply beyond COVID-19.
How This Course Will Help You:
- You will learn the foundational principles of crisis response.
- You will understand in a new way how we came to the point we have today in the United States’ response to the pandemic.
- You will be able to examine and measure the US government’s current response to the pandemic in a new way.
- You will learn key lessons in effective leadership and crisis response.
- You will be able to apply these lessons to your leadership as you guide your organization through the tail end of the COVID-19 pandemic.
Who This Course is For: Everyone.
*All classes are listed in Eastern Standard Time (New York, U.S.).